Here’s a list to consider the price of your new garage door:
A standard garage door for single-car is 8 to 10 feet wide, while a two-car garage door is 12 to 18 feet broad. Garage doors likewise can be found in various heights and width, as well as generally, the larger your doors are, the more they are going to cost for you.
Many houses have sectional or roll-up garage doors, which often tend to be more affordable. Other types consist of the one-piece or swing up, the swing out or carriage-house design and moving garage doors.
3. Materials and equipment
- Steel: Resilient as well as low-maintenance, steel garage door installation is a prominent residential alternative. But steel doors are additionally hefty, hard on an opener, and conveniently dented. Steel is typically among the most economical garage door materials. The price of a steel, two-car garage door usually varies from $750 to $3,500 depending on the style and building and construction.
- Aluminum: Lighter than steel, lightweight aluminum is rust-resistant and well-suited for larger doors. Though generally cost effective like steel, lightweight aluminum is a bad insulator and flexes quickly. The cost of a lightweight aluminum two-car garage door usually varies in between $1,500 to $2,000.
- Wood and composite wood: Solid wooden doors are heavy, call for maintenance, and are costly. Composite wood doors are lighter, and they are less expensive than solid wood, but not as sturdy as steel or synthetic products. The expense of wood or composite wood two-car garage door normally varies from $1,200 to $4,000.
- Fiberglass: Resistant to rot as well as corrosion, fiberglass doors are light and readily available in lots of appearances. Fiberglass is generally affordable, yet it yellows with age and occasionally splits in extreme temperatures. The fiberglass two-car garage door may cost in between $1,500 to $2,000.
- Vinyl: Vinyl doors are lightweight and low-maintenance, making them suitable for high-traffic houses. Vinyl is vulnerable to fading, however, and style choices are restricted https://www.publicedcenter.org. The vinyl two-car garage door will cost between $900 to $1,500.